Rather than using the hand-over-hand method of retrieving lines, the capstan offers a mechanical advantage that is both faster and safer. The capstan does the heavy lifting with only a small amount of effort. The maximum speed of the line retrieval depends on the rotational speed of the drum. The benefit is that the retrieval speed can be adjusted by decreasing the tension on the retrieved line, maintaining control over a very heavy load with little effort.
This useful device, which has been around since the early days of sailing, is still used today. Recreational fishermen, like commercial fishermen, use these for hauling crab and lobster pots and there are many other uses aboard boats. The few mechanical parts and ease of use have made this a favorite of fisherman worldwide. While chains should NEVER be wrapped around a drum, the majority of lines can be handled on a capstan.
A capstan, typically operated by an easy to use footswitch (P7817600AJ), allows the boater to control lines with ease without having additional crew members. Powerwinch has a model to fit your needs. All Powerwinch capstans come with a foot control switch that allows for hands-free operation.
Quick Catch Pot Puller
Spend more time fishing, less time pulling pots
Up to 200 pounds of pulling power!
Our Quick Catch Pot Puller is perfect for fast, safe and easy retrieval of lobster or crab pots with a fast retrieval speed of 150' ft/minute. Electrical power assist retrieves pots in less than two minutes!
- Fast 150'/min retrieval with 100 lb load
- 200 lb max pull rating
- Twice as fast as the 300
- Low current motor draw
- Easy to operate foot control
- Handles unlimited rope lengths
- Stainless steel internal shafts, fasteners and hardware
- All aluminum housing, e-coat primer with a powder topcoat
- Two year limited bow to stern warranty
175 (ft/min) @ 50lbs
150 (ft/min) @ 100lbs
120 (ft/min) @ 150lbs
Average 12v current draw @ 100 lbs = 43 amps
Powerwinch Quick Catch Pot Puller
The vast majority of our products come from the United States, which explains our delivery times consequently between 1 and 4 weeks. It is possible to receive your parcels in express (7 working days) for some products, you will find all the information on the delays and on the costs according to each product on the product page.
1. Costs and shipping options Shipping costs vary according to the country of the recipient. Our products are shipped from the USA to France, and we dispatch all our orders from France. The final dispatch shipping costs will be displayed during the purchase of your order (before payment) according to each country and the delivery options chosen.
2. Delivery time Most of our products come from the USA. Therefore, we have a preparation time of 1 to 2 weeks to receive the goods at our French office at 7 rue Alaric II 31000 Toulouse for final shipment. It takes 1 to 3 weeks from the order date to the delivery date. It is possible to receive your parcels in accelerated shipment for certain products in stock at our French office. You will be able to see the exact delivery times, shipping costs, and whether the product(s) you have chosen is (are) eligible for express shipping when you place your order. This may vary depending on your delivery address.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
When you contact us to request a return, we will send you a prepaid return label with which you can return your package. This will be a label from your local post office or DHL depending on your location. You then just have to follow the procedure that will be indicated to you. Once we receive your return, we will send you your refund using the same method as your payment, or we will send a new product depending on your request.